I had a super fun night with my best friend and Maid of Honor last night. I can’t even tell you the last time, just the two of us went out… While I love everything about life right now, it felt good to just go out, sit at a bar, drink wine, and catch up for hours. Besides drinking wine, we also LOVE nachos, so we enjoyed some epic nachos that had buffalo chicken, tater tots, and bacon…
Anyway, while I enjoyed every moment of last night and don’t regret the food or drink choices, today hasn’t felt great. Not necessarily hung over (thankfully), but definitely sluggish due to the wine and unhealthy food choices. Around 4pm today I made my daily nutrient – dense shake with vegan vanilla, banana, and unsweetened almond milk… and let me tell you I feel so much better. So I wanted to share my top five reasons why I drink Shakeology everyday (in no particular order).
- After a night of drinking, Shakeology makes me feel human again. Before I started this journey, my post going out meal was Dunkin Donuts hash browns and a bagel and now its just a Shakeology. Because Shakeology is just loaded with vitamins, minerals, and pre and probiotics, my body kinda gets a kick of nutrients, which is what my body needs. Not to mention, its about 200 calories, instead of 400 – 500.
- Shakeology gives me energy, which is also why it helps after a night of drinking. I don’t need caffeine the way I used to and my energy is more regulated throughout the day. I also love having one at 3 pm since it helps with that afternoon slump.
- Sugar cravings have diminished. That doesn’t mean they are gone… but I used to NEED dessert after dinner, but now I need it maybe once every two weeks. Also, on a day like today when I’m on the couch since it is gross outside, I often just want to eat candy… and while I had a few pieces, I quickly made myself a shakeology and haven’t wanted any more sugar.
- It makes my nails and hair so much stronger! I love how my nails look each day and how long they get! Perfect for getting ready for the wedding.
- It is slightly costly, and definitely more than a lot of products out there… and I know a lot of people don’t even try it because of the money… but the cost actually helps me be healthier… Because I know how much it costs, I don’t like throwing away the money by eating junk later in the day… it helps me stay consistent throughout the day.
It also tastes good in my opinion and there are so many options! I also love that there are sample packets for both vegan and whey protein, and there is a 30 – day money back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied. Interested in trying? Leave me a comment and let me help you get started!