Tag: holidays

Core de Force Day 2

All I can say is owwwwweeee, but in a good way. Woke up sore after Day 1, which to me means the program is already working.

Today’s workout was 47 minutes of strength training and primarily push – ups. You know a program is the right program for you when you don’t mind doing it for 47 minutes. We’ll see how I feel when this has to happen at 4:30 in the morning. In previous Beachbody programs that I’ve done, whenever there was something longer than 30 minutes, I hated doing it… even dreaded doing it… but today, loved every minute of it. I love how much stronger I’ve gotten since beginning all of these programs. I can finally do push – ups on my knees… though not all of them yet…

On top of having a great workout today, I have also been able to successfully follow the food plan. I won’t say I’ve felt full all day, but the slight hunger feeling I’ve had actually makes me have more energy than the days I eat too much and feel full. I need to remember this feeling. I upped the calorie bracket today because I also took a dance class, but tomorrow I’ll go back to the lower bracket. I need to remember with this program each day is a new day and one successful day does not equate to another and one poor day does not mean I’ve failed the program.

Below is a photo of the steak salad I had for lunch. It includes homemade mango dressing, mango, kale, avocado, walnuts, and steak… All within perfect portions.

Core de Force Day 1

I don’t know the last time I’ve been this excited for a new program. I’ve followed programs in the past, but didn’t start it with 100%, meaning… I did the workouts but didn’t follow the nutrition. Well, I’ve committed to following the nutrition 90% of the time… I’m being realistic that its the holiday season and I won’t be able to take the containers to every event I attend and I want to enjoy the adult beverages 🙂

That being said, I woke up, drank my energize, did my workout, followed up with recover and then an hour later, had my first meal of the day: 2% plain Greek yogurt, strawberries, with cinnamon and pure vanilla extract. It was surprisingly delicious (I typically don’t like plain yogurt).

I’m excited to share my journey with you during the next 30 days and share my results. My “before” photos were enough for me to give me the extra motivation to stick to the program for these 30 days!

Being Consistent During the Holidays

Well, I’ll be the first to admit, I’ve been far from consistent between the sweets, extra alcoholic beverages, stress, and less time to work out. I woke up today determined to at least track my food using MyFitnessPal and when one of my colleagues offered me homemade toffee at 9 am, I caved. Disgusting, right?

Except, it wasn’t disgusting, it was delicious! What was disgusting, was that I then proceeded to have cheat meals for every meal including both French Onion Soup and a Caesar Salad with two glasses of wine for lunch to celebrate school being out for 11 days. I’ve always firmly believed in the 80% clean rule, 20% cheat meals, but I need to remember that if I eat that 20% at 9 am, then the rest of the day is 80%.

I’ve put in too much work the past few months to get to where I am, and I’m not going to risk reversing all that during this holiday season. Does that mean I’m not going to have my mom’s holiday cookies? Absolutely not, but it does mean, that the rest of that day, I’ll be focusing on clean eating and making sure I get my work outs in.

Happy Holidays Everyone!