I had a super fun night with my best friend and Maid of Honor last night. I can’t even tell you the last time, just the two of us went out… While I love everything about life right now, it felt good to just go out, sit at a bar, drink wine, and catch up for hours. Besides drinking wine, we also LOVE nachos, so we enjoyed some epic nachos that had buffalo chicken, tater tots, and bacon…
Anyway, while I enjoyed every moment of last night and don’t regret the food or drink choices, today hasn’t felt great. Not necessarily hung over (thankfully), but definitely sluggish due to the wine and unhealthy food choices. Around 4pm today I made my daily nutrient – dense shake with vegan vanilla, banana, and unsweetened almond milk… and let me tell you I feel so much better. So I wanted to share my top five reasons why I drink Shakeology everyday (in no particular order).
- After a night of drinking, Shakeology makes me feel human again. Before I started this journey, my post going out meal was Dunkin Donuts hash browns and a bagel and now its just a Shakeology. Because Shakeology is just loaded with vitamins, minerals, and pre and probiotics, my body kinda gets a kick of nutrients, which is what my body needs. Not to mention, its about 200 calories, instead of 400 – 500.
- Shakeology gives me energy, which is also why it helps after a night of drinking. I don’t need caffeine the way I used to and my energy is more regulated throughout the day. I also love having one at 3 pm since it helps with that afternoon slump.
- Sugar cravings have diminished. That doesn’t mean they are gone… but I used to NEED dessert after dinner, but now I need it maybe once every two weeks. Also, on a day like today when I’m on the couch since it is gross outside, I often just want to eat candy… and while I had a few pieces, I quickly made myself a shakeology and haven’t wanted any more sugar.
- It makes my nails and hair so much stronger! I love how my nails look each day and how long they get! Perfect for getting ready for the wedding.
- It is slightly costly, and definitely more than a lot of products out there… and I know a lot of people don’t even try it because of the money… but the cost actually helps me be healthier… Because I know how much it costs, I don’t like throwing away the money by eating junk later in the day… it helps me stay consistent throughout the day.
It also tastes good in my opinion and there are so many options! I also love that there are sample packets for both vegan and whey protein, and there is a 30 – day money back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied. Interested in trying? Leave me a comment and let me help you get started!
I was trying to think of something new for an afternoon snack. Starting Monday I am doing my work outs in the morning (committing for 21 days to AM workouts) so I need a smaller afternoon snack. In previous weeks, I was so hungry around 4 or 5 pm that I needed a decent sized snack just to fuel my workouts, but now with the workouts happening first thing in the morning, I won’t need as many calories at that time… hence shakeology energy balls. Not only are these delicious but they are clean and packed with nutrient dense food to give me energy.
1 cup of oats
1/2 cup almond butter (or similar)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup shredded coconut flakes
1/2 cup of flax seeds
1 packet of chocolate Shakeology
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix all ingredients together and roll into balls. Refrigerate and enjoy 1 – 2 at a time (depending on the size of the ball and of course, how hungry you are).
Note: If you do not have Shakeology and want to try it for a month, you can for an entire month with a 100% money back guarantee! visit http://www.shakeology.com/cair4health (comment below if you want more information!)
So I’ll be honest, I’ve been great with the workouts, but not so much with the nutrition. I’ve had a lot of social situations in the past two weeks that include eating out and drinking. Even when trying to order healthy, eating out at a restaurant often includes a lot of processed food, extra fat and sugar, and salt. While the next week seems to look a lot like the previous weeks (social outings 3 nights as well as traveling next weekend), I’m going to focus on being as clean as possible both when I’m not out and when I’m out.
One way I’m going to do that is to find healthy alternatives to food I want. For instance, tonight I’m stuck at home with one of the worst blizzards in NYC. Blizzards are the perfect time to catch up on TV shows and enjoy hot chocolate. So my hot chocolate is the healthiest hot chocolate possible, Shakeology Hot Chocolate. For those of you who don’t know, Shakeology is my life saver. It is a nutrient dense superfood that you can use as a meal replacement. I am obsessed to say the least. I have it daily, usually for breakfast, as a smoothie with almond milk and some frozen fruit. Tonight I decided to try it as hot chocolate. It isn’t as good as hot chocolate in a packet (yet), though I know it is way healthier and will help with my sugar cravings tonight (which have been really strong the past few days) and keep me full.
Heat a cup of unsweetened almond milk on the stove top.
In a mug mix together 1 1/2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of steevia, 1/4 cup of liquid egg whites, one packet of vanilla shakeology (mix well).
Add the hot almond milk to the mug mixture and mix well.
Well last night was my school’s holiday party and it involved a lot of food and an open bar. In terms of food, I was relatively good. I had none of the appetizers which was mostly fried food and I stuck with a lot of veggies and protein during dinner; though, I did have a small amount of mashed potatoes.
While I kept the food in check, I had one too many drinks which made for a rough morning. For years, my go to after a night out on a work night was to get a bagel and cream cheese and possibly hash browns from Dunkin Donuts. However, I don’t even know the last time I resorted to this after a night out. I’ve been drinking Shakeology regularly for the past few months and I contribute a lot of my health success to this all natural shake. It has removed almost all of my cravings for sugar and it has definitely removed my craving for a bagel after a night of drinking. Shakeology also helps me feel normal after a night of drinking. I had my shake at 9 am and felt completely like myself, not groggy at all.
Today’s workout was 21 day fix extreme Pilates. All I can say is insane. I could barely do any of the moves but excited to see what I can do next week. It’s all about the small improvements!