It is super exciting when one of your bestfriends also blogs recipes (Pantry Portfolio) and you can talk about what you are making, but even more exciting when you can make a recipe from her site!
I love Indian so I wanted to try this super easy and delicious Chicken Curry!
- 1/2 onion
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 pound of chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons of curry powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Snap Peas (use as much or as little as you would like)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Brown or cauliflower rice
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes if you want spicy
- In a small bowl, cover chicken with curry, salt, and pepper.
- Add olive oil to a pot and add the onions. Cook 2-3 minutes before adding carrots
- Add chicken and cook until almost done
- In same bowl as chicken, combine coconut milk, ginger, and garlic
- Pour coconut milk mixture over chicken. Bring to a boil and then simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. If you want your curry spicy, add red pepper flakes.
- While waiting for chicken to cook, cook brown rice or cauliflower rice
- Serve chicken mixture over rice! Add some of the sauce onto the rice to get a nice rich flavor throughout!
- Due to our love of spicy, we added hot sauce! I highly recommend sriracha
- I also added some cayenne pepper to the mixture, to increase the heat