When you leave for work at 6 am and get home around 8 pm, dinner needs to be easy. I’ve started making some Crock Pot meals on the weekend for later in the week! This week, I made a black bean soup! My fiancé doesn’t love just soup for dinner so I added in some chicken sausage and rice and he approved!
- 2, 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TB chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Cooked chicken sausage (any flavor works… I used chorizo), cut into bite sized pieces
- Add black beans through chicken broth to crock pot. Stir and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup so at least 1/2 beans are blended. Add sausage and continue cooking.
- Cook rice and add to soup. Let cook for 10-15 more minutes. Then enjoy!n
- We didn’t, but you could add toppings like avocado, tortilla strips, cheese, or sour cream
- Lasted well in fridge for 4 days before eating