Who doesn’t love the comfort food of lasagna, especially on a stormy Sunday evening! I love it, but I don’t love what it can do to my waist line so I got creative and used sweet potato instead of noodles! This turned out to be the type of meal that makes me excited for left overs!
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled, and sliced thin
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 4 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups low to no sugar marinara sauce
- 1 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 TB Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzerela
- Salt, pepper, basil to taste
- Preheat over to 350
- Using an oven safe skillet, add sweet potato and some oil. Cook until sweet potato begins to get tender. 5-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Add ground beef, onion, garlic. Cook until beef is no longer pink. Mix in 1/4 of marinara sauce.
- Remove from heat. Add sweet potatoes to cover ground beef. Then add remaining marinara to cover sweet potato.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, ricotta cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Mix in spices. Spread this over marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzerela cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350. Then turn the broiler on low for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and crispy on top!
- I did not cook sweet potato enough so it’s important to do that before baking the lasagna…
- Could try with butternut squash next time..
- Serve with Parmesan cheese