1 pound of chicken (I recommend vegetarian/grass fed)
1 head of broccoli, chopped
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
4 strips of bacon (what kind depends on you… I used the nitrate free organic kind, but I may try turkey bacon in the future
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 cup full fat coconut oil
Salt/pepper to taste
Cooking Oil ( I always prefer coconut)
1/2 cup slivered almonds.
1. Pre-Heat oven to 350. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and cook until mostly done in cooking oil. While cooking, season with salt and pepper.
2. While cooking, layer a 9 x 13 baking dish with the chopped broccoli and cauliflower.
3. Take almost done chicken and sprinkle on top of vegetables mix.
4. Add bacon. Make sure it’s spread out to get the fat evenly spread.
5. In a bow, whisk together egg, chicken broth, and coconut milk. Pour over vegetable, chicken, and bacon mixture. Season with salt and pepper and make sure it’s evenly distributed.
6. Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
7. Remove foil, add almonds to top, and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
8. If desired and I always do, add hot sauce! Sracha worked well with this!