So I wanted to make something different for dinner/lunch this week that was also considered clean so hence this quinoa salad. Usually I like having a meat in my meals but I’m excited to see how full this keeps me… I will say it is delicious and super easy to make. Next time, I may add some feta cheese.
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon of honey or agave nectar
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon basil
2 cups water
1 cup quinoa
salt to taste
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 bunch of asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup frozen peas
1 avocado, chopped
1 container of cherry tomatoes
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set in the refrigerator
- Add water, quinoa, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for about 5 minutes then turn and simmer for about 15 minutes or unit water is absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooking, cook the asparagus in a large skillet over olive oil. Once tender (about 5 minutes) add peas and cook an additional 3 – 5 minutes under peas are cooked.
- In large bowl mix together tomatoes, avocado, asparagus/pea mixture, quinoa and dressing. Stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Salad can be served either cold or hot
1 1/2 cups per serving