Day 2 – Importance of Morning Workouts

I am the first to admit, I hate waking up early. As a teacher, I’m up early enough during the week, but to have to wake up even earlier to work out sounds miserable. However, there are some days that I know I will not get a workout in if I don’t wake – up early and today was one of those days. I’m committed to this program for 21 days so I’m making sure I find the time.

I have done AM workouts in the past, but not consistently. I love getting it done and having an afternoon/evening without a workout, but when that alarm goes off, I often make excuses and fall back to sleep. I’ve realized AM workouts are about mindset. 95% of the time when I wake up and get it done, I feel great throughout the day and I am so happy I did it; however, the other 5% I am exhausted throughout the day and extremely hungry. Today was one of those days I felt great and woke up with ease, so what made it so much easier? I’ve put a lot of thought into it today and I realized I was set to wake up and get it done and I knew I had no other choice. It wasn’t that I had my clothes laid out, but I scheduled it and knew my day was starting at 6 am with 21 Day Fix. I even woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and said to myself, “I can’t wait to wake up in three hours to work out”. Positive talk can do wonders.

I know I won’t be able to do AM work outs everyday, but I know that in the future when I need to do them, I have to think positively about it. That being said, day 2 of 21 Day Fix Extreme is done – Upper Body Extreme!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s